Monday, September 1, 2008

the last weekend of summer '08

Here I am, back at school, eating more school lunches that used to be strange but are anything but after a year of them, and taking in compliments due to the first professional haircut (meaning not done myself) that I've had since the summer of 2002. The first classes of this year were with my most easy going students so it was a nice way to ease into doing actual work again after a very, very extended summer break.

The last weekend of the summer was a good one. Caitlin and I were looking to camp out in Kochi-ken, a prefecture which has some great scenery and a variety of nice beaches. We managed to set up on the beach without getting hassled, which does not come as a surprise in Japan. Southern Shikoku is a bit different from the north but observing the people definitely reminds you that you're still on the same island. I'm excited to go back with the intention of giving surfing a try...




No comments:

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.