Thursday, November 15, 2007

things that happened yesterday


Well, I am really happy because yesterday I discovered that there is a kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi restaurant in Naruto. Theo, Jill, myself, and our supervisor Sato had lunch there and I spent about $12 but I felt like I could eat twice as much as I actualy did. It's funny because around dinnertime I was considering more sushi but decided against it because bento (packaged lunch) sushi doesn't stand up to the taste of kaiten, mostly because the latter is generally made minutes before you eat it.


Later on in the day I biked over to Naruto Tech for band practice. Our three songs are solid and we're pumped for the show on Sunday. Practicing in this space is cool because it reminds me so much of the places back home where I spent years writing and playing music. These guys are so funny to hang out with. The guitar player is always straight up with me if I mess up or my tempo is off...and if we play a song well he'll look at me and say, "OOOKKKK!!"

No comments:

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.