Thursday, October 25, 2007

たんじょおび! 

Today is my 25th birthday. It's Friday and my plans for the evening are still open but I think I'll be happy no matter what I do tonight. The three English teachers that I work with at Naruto Tech are having a small get together for me during 6th period and I'm interested to see what all will be involved with a Japanese teacher-style birthday celebration. I'm thinking about spending this birthday (たんじょおび or 'tanjobi' [long "o" sound] in Nihongo) just taking it easy because I'll be attending a Halloween party tomorrow night and on Sunday I'm having dinner with a new Japanese friend who I randomly met because she was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers shirt. Two years ago I was in Berlin when I turned 23. Looking back at pictures from that day it seems as if it were so long ago but I think I've just fit in a lot of activity in those two years...I guess that's a good thing.

No comments:

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.