Sunday, September 9, 2007

culture festivals/traveling/etc...

Although it's Monday morning and I have to teach some high school classes in a short while I'm feeling good because I had a really nice weekend. I spent half of my time in Ikeda visiting Caitlin and the other half at a school culture festival. Ikeda was beautiful and I'm excited to go back when the leaves change color.













And the culture festival was a lot of fun as well. I played drums in a band that covered 'Let it be' (see below) and got to hang out with some really enthusiastic students. After a long day, some of the teachers in the band invited me out to an enkai (drinking party) that ended in some fine karaoke. I impressed myself with my own singing maybe for the first time ever.













Earlier this morning I purchased a plane ticket to Pusan, South Korea to visit friend/ex-roommate/Fulbright teaching scholar Jon. I'll be there from October 4th-10th and I'll be attending the Pusan International Film Festival as well as going to his school and meeting his host family (among other things). In two weeks I will be in Osaka with Julia...I'm really excited about that because it'll be the first time we see each other since I moved here. My weekends and vacation time are filling up fast but I think that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I was going to buy you that shirt, so that you could wear it everyday, and tell your kids all about Ice Cube, but when I went back to the store they took it off the mannequin ...

The Sun in a Net said...

Dude, I had to sing Let it be the other day at karaoke with my co-worker and I think it was the best song I've ever karaoked (which isn't saying much). Busan is around the corner my friend and we will wallop in saunas, asian movies, and white rice.

J bunny said...

HAHA! WHAT?! You're going to Korea! sweeet! How'd you pull that so fast? oh and also, I hope you don't mind that i send you so many messages about six feet under.

looking so forward to next weekeend!!

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.