Sunday, August 26, 2007

why i love japan




So I spent yesterday hanging out with a bunch of JETs who were visiting Naruto for the weekend. I got to see the infamous whirlpools for the first time, eat at a Mexican Restaurant(!), go to the beach twice (see above), and just enjoy the beautiful scenery with some great people. BUT, the reason for the title of this blog is due to something that just happened on the way to my friend Sarah's house. Last night I left my bookbag at a bar and just realized this afternoon that it wasn't with me. I had some important stuff in there so I was a little worried about it but I knew that I shouldn't stress out too much because it would probably still be there. Earlier this evening I walked in and right away the bartender recognized me as the owner of the bookbag and says, "Ahh, bookbag!" Before I could even say "Eigo wakarimaska", he handed it to me and it was obvious that he was sincerely happy that I got it back. I thanked him of course and said that I'd see him again soon. It's nice to know that little things like that will make me appreciate being here.

1 comment:

lisa said...

a similar thing happened to me when i was in japan when i was 15. . .lost my wallet and passport on a bus and someone BROUGHT it to my hotel . . .so yes, people are wonderful!

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.