Thursday, August 23, 2007

the past three weeks (in pictures)


My room the night before I left for DC. Really cut it down to the wire with packing...I think I was done about an hour before leaving Greensburg.



Weary but ready to make the long trek out of the USA...all of that packing and I only took these two bags and a laptop case.



Post-DC orientation shot...with Jessica Kling- another JET who grew up three streets down from me.



In Tokyo (Shinjuku district) looking for a place to eat with some DC folks.



The Keio Plaza Hotel where Tokyo orientation was held. Didn't mind spending a few nights here.



Hanging out at an izakaya with some new Tokushima JETs (Caitlin, Maya, & Becky).



Maya, Remco, and Quadro. Couldn't pass up this one up.



First view of Tokushima.



Awa Odori Dance time in Naruto. The ALTs were a featured part of the celebration.



Theo (next door neighbor and fellow ALT) and me.



Awa Odori!



Hour number three of dancing...



At a Buddhist temple where English camp was held.



Some of my students eating lunch.



Naruto.



The view on my way to the grocery store.



My apartment.



Hanging out at the beach.



An awesome park in Naruto...bordering the Inland Sea.



Sato-sensei (my supervisor) at the Naruto Board of Education office.



Miyamoto-san, fellow BOE coworker, cooling off in his car.



My desk at the BOE w/ Theo in the background.



Sato-sensei and me at a welcoming party.

No comments:

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.