Sunday, July 29, 2007

relaxed.

Greensburg, 10:29 PM.

Finally feeling relaxed. After months of slowly moving my things out of Pittsburgh, it's done. Today the last carload of stuff was taken from Pearl St. and I did my bulk food shopping at the Co-op. It feels so nice to have most of the things that I'll be needing already purchased. Tomorrow I'll be doing a bit of odds-and-ends shopping and I'll start organizing things that I'll be shipping over to Japan (bulk foods, camping gear, winter clothes). I can remember starting my JET application in October of '06 and thinking that if I could get into the program I wouldn't mind the prep work and packing. I think the thing that gets me is the amout of little things that I'm always thinking of and writing down...like a sewing kit or new dress socks. However, the majoriry of this stuff is in my posession, waiting to be packed up in a few days.

My six year stint in Pittsburgh is over. It's off to Japan in less than a week.

No comments:

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.