Wednesday, April 22, 2009

sakura, sakura

OK, well, the cherry blossoms (sakura) have been gone for a while but I just put the pictures on my computer and I don't know when I'll see them again in Japan so it's worth a blog post. People here wait all year for the sakura to bloom and when they do it signifies the beginning of spring when the kerosene heaters and put back into storage and everyone emerges from their homes to sit under the trees and drink beer. Quite a nice tradition, I think.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,

Our trees are just starting to think about blossoming. It is supposed to reach into the 80's this weekend. It hard to believe since its been in the 40's and 50's and rainy recently.

Dad

Anonymous said...

5/12/09

I just viewed your pictures on flickr but didn't know how to leave a comment, so I left it here.

Dad

eh? nan de?

naruto-shi, tokushima-ken, Japan
teaching my native tongue on the world famous island of shikoku, japan.